One Big Adventure
An opportunity to log in some of the thoughts and activities of our homeschooling family of eight. We love books and good food and aspire to a Christ-centered, multi-generational, agrarian life.

Friday, February 9, 2007

Get set

In this post, I compared our current situation to a swimming race. I guess it might also compare to a running race as well, but I have never spent any time running track!

We got word today that our buyers, the Bs, have an offer on their house. They needed to know if we could work with a March 23rd closing date! We said we thought we could, but we needed as much time as possible to wrap up things around here.

In the meantime, we a have a showing tomorrow at noon and an open house on Sunday from 1-3. Jeanne, our wonderful realtor, will come an hour early to go over all the contracts with us so we know what is going on. She will offer her expert opinion on it all--she's been doing real estate with real integrity around here for about 30 years--and if we are comfortable with everything, we will sign the agreement to remove the contingency on our contract and technically our house will be sold or pending.

Jeanne did warn us that about 25% of the time here, something with financing falls through at the last minute. Hopefully, she'll be able to help us avoid that pitfall.

For all the 'thinking' we have done about the possibility of actually selling our house, it feels like a did an involuntary 'brain dump' right after we got the call about the offer. I found some moving checklists online and have printed them out to go over and make one big checklist we can follow--in some form. Would you believe that none of the lists have 'find new home for laying chickens' or 'put up flyers to sell chicken tractors and hoop houses at the farm store'!?! :*)

We are cautiously excited. And, at this point, nothing is in concrete. So please continue to pray for wisdom and clear direction.


No comments: