One Big Adventure
An opportunity to log in some of the thoughts and activities of our homeschooling family of eight. We love books and good food and aspire to a Christ-centered, multi-generational, agrarian life.

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Cold and busy

Temperatures got down to -20 in the early morning over the past few days. We don't think we got the wind that was forecast, but windchills were still pretty cold! The chicken chore guys (Vern and Owen) were pining for warmer places--Georgia comes to mind.

All of us have been keeping busy. I was able to cut out a jumper Sunday evening and mark it on Monday morning. Today, I had to run to town for some errands (Vern was home with everyone) so I haven't been able to sew yet and I'm not sure if I will today.

Vern also suggested that sorting and packing the craft closet downstairs would allow me to get started on packing and we wouldn't miss the items for a while, since we have plenty to do. I did get a packing inventory form done and printed out and packed four boxes over the last couple of days. It's a start!

Vern has done our taxes, the children are making progress in school work, Katie and Hannah are helping quite a bit with house work and the little girls love to play. I wish I could post some pictures of James, especially--he's a busy, happy little guy and a real ham for the camera!

No comments: