One Big Adventure
An opportunity to log in some of the thoughts and activities of our homeschooling family of eight. We love books and good food and aspire to a Christ-centered, multi-generational, agrarian life.

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

No news is still good news

Please accept my apologies for not letting you know that we actually did leave the hospital and come home. We came home with antibiotics (twice a day) and have had a GREAT two weeks tomorrow. James is doing so wonderfully that part of me is hesitant (though hopeful) about taking him back to Atlanta to begin another phase of chemo. I would say that James is doing the best he has since his diagnosis back in February.

We have been VERY busy with house things. Except for part of the ridge cap (metal roof), the roof of our new house is in place. We are waiting the delivery of the windows and the front door before it will be totally dried in.

The plumber is about half done with the rough in and the HVAC guy is coming tomorrow. The electrician's are also supposed to be there tomorrow. If all goes well, we may have insulation on Saturday and drywall next week, but we'll have to see how well things go this week.

In the meantime, it doesn't seem like anything is slowing down to me. Shopper that I am not, I have been out (mostly with Vern and sometimes with the children) shopping away for all the necessities of a house. Picking light fixtures is worse than picking salad dressing!

Thursday, Hannah and I will take James back to Atlanta for another run of methotrexate. While we anticipate some mucusitis following this chemo, we are hopeful for a better recovery than in the past. Lately, it seems James has been recovering more quickly after each round of chemo. For that, we are incredibly grateful.

At the end of our last hospital stay, I had trouble with the wireless internet connection so I didn't get any photos posted. I'll try to add a picture of the house to this post.
Thanks for stopping by... and for all the notes you left. I hope to reply to some soon and do some more posting (Lord willing and the hospital WiFi is working!)

Love, Stephanie

No comments: