One Big Adventure
An opportunity to log in some of the thoughts and activities of our homeschooling family of eight. We love books and good food and aspire to a Christ-centered, multi-generational, agrarian life.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Some good news

I just got off the phone with Dr. P.

He got James' biopsy results back and I think he was a little surprised, and encouraged. The rectal biopsy is totally normal. The other biopsies, from higher up in the colon, look "pretty good". The test for Hirschsprung's disease shows there isn't any. At all. This is really good news!

Dr. P said that he still can't promise me anything (and I wouldn't want him to), but he is more hopeful today than he was on Monday that the saline flush and flagyl should help clear things up.

Unless there are problems before then, I am supposed to call him in December to set up a repeat test in January.

I did ask about diet. He doesn't think that James eating lots of yogurt should affect his colon.

This is a big step up from Monday's initial news. Thanks for your prayers. We're still working on good nutritional things we can do for James.

No comments: