One Big Adventure
An opportunity to log in some of the thoughts and activities of our homeschooling family of eight. We love books and good food and aspire to a Christ-centered, multi-generational, agrarian life.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ignorance is bliss

Yesterday we went to Macon for local counts. Today I talked with our regular oncology nurse. She told me James' counts for this week--Hgb, 10.7; Platelets, over 700K; ANC, ~900... Then she said there were no blasts (baby leukemia cells). I thought that was really weird. Of course there were no blasts, there haven't been any since...well, since the fourth week of treatment, March 2007.

I don't remember what I said in response now, but Lauren went on to ask if I knew that James' counts from last week showed three blasts. That is why they wanted me to get him checked again so soon. I was too tired to ask why last week, so I just 'went along'. I got the call from a new-to-me nurse, since our regular nurse was out of town last week. I think that must have been Providence. In some ways, I wish I would have known. It might be revealing to see how I would actually respond to that kind of news...and then again, maybe the Lord just knew I didn't need to add that to my plate last week and that He would take care of it.

Thank you, Lord.

No comments: