One Big Adventure
An opportunity to log in some of the thoughts and activities of our homeschooling family of eight. We love books and good food and aspire to a Christ-centered, multi-generational, agrarian life.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Another one bites the dust

I have never been great with cameras. I do like pictures, but it seems to me that whenever I really want pictures, the camera (whichever one we happen to have at the time) doesn't want to play. I remember three birthdays in row for Katie that the camera broke just before or during her day.

Two Christmases ago, we received a wonderful digital camera from dear friends. I loved that camera. It worked so well. Until the fateful day I bumped it with my elbow and it ended up in Hannah's cup of gatorade. Sigh.

After a time, we replaced that camera with a cheaper model. The camera had an incredible delay which meant if anything was going on, we usually missed the shot we were trying for. But we did get some good photos and it was fine for more panoramic, minimal action shots.

The children loved to use it.

Hmmm.

Well, one of the children (who shall remain unnamed), took the camera to get pictures of something cute the kittens were doing outside. And dropped the camera. Now it takes Amish-style photos. You can see there is a face in the picture, sort of, but there are no features.

I find I am savoring moments of watching the children more again, since I can't jump up (or send one of the children) to get the camera so I can take a picture.

I think that is a good thing.

Love, Stephanie

No comments: