One Big Adventure
An opportunity to log in some of the thoughts and activities of our homeschooling family of eight. We love books and good food and aspire to a Christ-centered, multi-generational, agrarian life.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fantastic!

Today we visited Dr. P, James' surgeon, for James' post-surgery visit.

Dr. Parker came into the room and looked at James (almost like Dr. Keller does). Then, he smiled... and said, "Fantastic." "He looks fantastic!" Then he asked me when his surgery was and had it really only been five weeks? And again, he said, "He really looks fantastic.".. So... I think we know what Dr. P thinks! :*)

He asked a number of questions about how things have been going then he, umm, examined James. Which James was none-too-happy about. He couldn't get over how well James was doing this soon after surgery. And he said that bodes well for a full recovery, BUT :*), he said we still need to be on the lookout for signs of things gone awry for the next 6 months or so.

I asked about James' g-tube and we are tentatively aiming for October or November to close that up... He said it might be Day surgery, but could be overnight, depending. Gotta love a surgeon who doesn't make any promises! I mean that in the nicest way, since really, most things are not their promises to make!

As we headed home, I was mindful that it is not due to anything that we have or have not done, that the Lord has spared our James (whether for now or for the long term, we don't know, of course) and taken other children. I am grateful He is worthy of my trust, no matter what my circumstances. It isn't my circumstances, or James', that determines who I am, or my value (or yours either), it is that God loves us so much, that He sent Jesus to die for us (not collectively, but individually) so that we may be reconciled to Him. And He will pursue us however He needs to, to give us the opportunity of receiving that gift.

And that is humbling... in a very wonderful kind of a way.

Thank you for your prayers for us!

No comments: